Our goal is to review everything our company does through the lens of sustainability, implementing change where necessary. This is a massive undertaking for businesses big and small. By taking action one step at a time, one day at a time, we’ll make real progress.
We'll dive deep into the details of what we have been doing and what we will be doing in the Sustainability section of our blog, Tales from the Cookie Jar. Some of the topics in that section will be focused on the three areas that are outlined below.
Conscious Ingredient Sourcing
- The ingredients we use and why we use them
- Understanding the supply chain: knowing the origin and path of our ingredients
- Ongoing review of our vendors’ sustainability practices
Thoughtful Energy and Water Use
- Conserve Energy where possible
- Explore more water-saving technology
- Conserve water use in facility overall
- Increase employee awareness through education
- Explore Renewable/Carbon Offset Options
- Through our Energy Provider
- Shipping Offsets
- Setting goals for measuring our Carbon Footprint
Reduce. Reuse. Recycle. Really.
- Learn how our community handles waste
- Reuse it if we can
- Recycle/Compost if available
- Reduce our use if it's garbage